Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana
Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY) is the flagship outcome-based skill training scheme of the Government of India implemented through the National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) under the Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship. The objective of this skill certification and reward scheme is to enable and mobilize a large number of Indian youth to take up outcome-based skill training and become employable and earn their livelihood. Under the scheme, monetary reward through direct bank transfer would be provided to trainees who are successfully trained, assessed and certified in skill courses run by affiliated training providers. PMKVY will impart skill training to 24 lakh persons.
All trainings and certifications under Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) will be specifically oriented for developing skills in specific growth sectors. Assessment and training bodies for all purposes of the scheme will be separated and no overlap of roles will be allowed to maintain transparency and objectivity.
The monetary reward will be wholly funded by the Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship, Government of India and will be affected through bank transfer to the beneficiaries’ accounts.
- Implemented by National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC)
- Awareness and mobilization through ‘Skill Melas’ involving state government, local bodies, Member of Parliament
- Allocation of 10% funds to North Eastern States
- Inclusion of training for 50,000 differently abled persons
- Allocation of demand driven targets to training partners based on ‘Human Resource Requirement Studies’ and aligned with demands of Central Government’s flagship programs
- Training aligned to National Occupational Standard (NOS) and Qualification Packs (Ops) formulated by respective Sector Skills Councils (SSCs)
- Improved training/curricula with inclusion of soft skills and work ethics
- Incentives for mentoring and placement support to training providers
- Direct fund transfer to beneficiary’s bank account
- Rigorous monitoring and Grievance redressal